Surgery

On Chad's birthday (3/9) I was scheduled for a hysteroscopy at Methodist Suga Land at the butt crack of dawn.  Amazingly enough, all three of us made it there in time for check in.  Once I was fully checked in, I was taken back to preop.  
Here is where I have an issue, and it's really a silly issue.  They asked me to pee in a cup so they could run a urine pregnancy test.  I laughed. It's funny for two reasons - One, I've not had anything to drink since 9pm - the likelihood of me providing you with urine is slim to none.  Two, a reproductive endocrinologist is doing this prior to a FET - do you think I'd be having this procedure done if I could conceive on my own?!  
Let's just say they ended up doing a blood pregnancy test since I "refused" to go in a cup.  Oh well...
{in case y'all were wondering, it was negative}
Finally the CRNA asked about it - if Charleigh was conceived through IVF.  Hallelujah!!! Somebody got it.     (For some reason this was grating on both of us)
I went back to the or and don't remember much other than Dr Williams holding my hand & stroking my hair.  Then I woke up, and as if on speed I offered to adopt a yellow lab.  Chad actually considered it too. He was going to get it without telling me, get him vetted & bathed and bring him home.  Unfortunately, we didn't move quick enough - my anesthesiologist adopted him.
I definitely did too much the day of surgery, and the nasty bacitra the anesthesiologist made me take is something I will refuse I the future.  Ugh!  Everything tasted like it and I was so nauseated.  I also didn't poop for 4 days. {see delayed gastric emptying}
On Tuesday Chad went to work, but came home early since lifting anything above 10 pounds was against my discharge instructions.  I, again, did too much and was exhausted.
On Wednesday I actually laid low, but Thursday wasn't a good day - we went to the Rodeo with Chad's bosses. We had a blast and I got to spend some time with one of my closest mommy friends, Lydia.  The guys Chad works with are a hoot.  I can legitimately say that I liked ALL of them.  (Huge deal, because I liked maybe two of his coworkers at PCI). We were both exhausted after that and Chad worked from home on Friday, which gave us a three-day weekend.  (Although we were exhausted, I think we were in much better shape than some of the others!)
We had a nice weekend, though I was beyond exhausted.  I need to learn to take better care of myself because on Tuesday night I started feeling shitty.  By Wednesday I was worthless.  Thankfully, I got some antibiotics from my doctor, but I'm afraid I'll be trying to get in tomorrow for a steroid shot and some cough meds.  This cough is completely out of control - darn asthma.
The remainder of this week was pretty low key since I wasn't feeling one-hundred percent.    Though, on Saturday, we went to "crunch numbers" on the new mom mobile, which will be coming home next weekend.  As much as I hate to admit it, she's pretty sweet.  I will miss my Acura though! :(

I'm now laying here in bed, next to a snoring husband wondering how in the hell is it Sunday night?  I'm not sure I'm ready to do this over again!!!

Comments

Popular Posts