Incompetence = Irritation

On Saturday, March 29th I called our awesome veterinarian back home to order some medicine for Willie's horrendous allergies.  (Love you, Mark & Theresa!). They graciously put together a package for us quickly and sent it out before the Post Office closed that day.
Since then, I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of his medicine, as the poor guy's allergies are getting quite bad with all the pollen here.  Some days he is wheezing so badly that I worry whether or not he will be breathing when I get home from work, and most days he has snot all over his face from all the sneezing.  The little guy is breaking my heart...
Today is April 9th, and I still have yet to see the package.  My wonderful father called them this afternoon regarding the medicine, and they provided him with a tracking number. (For the record, I wonder if Daddy did this for me or Willie - as it's no secret how much he loves the booger!). I tracked the package, which was shipped two day priority through the USPS, and it states that it was delivered on Monday, March 31st.  My question is where in the hell was it delivered, because I sure as hell don't have it.
Upon returning home from work, I checked every parcel box in our section of the neighborhood and there were no packages anywhere. (Granted, there were a few locked parcel boxes that I didn't have access to.). Because of my long hours, I'd missed the closing time of our post office but I managed to find a customer service number.
BINGO!!!
I called and explained the situation to "Francesco" who was very difficult to understand and he filed a complaint with our shitty excuse for a post office here in town.  Now I get to call them tomorrow to follow up on this.  Guess it's a good thing I get off at 2pm...  (This is horribly unkind of me, but I was really close to asking "Francesco" if he even lived the the US.  I refrained, but only because I didn't think that would get me very far.)
Unfortunately, if we ever locate the package I will probably need to dispose of the medicine, as it's been sitting out in the heat (or lack thereof) for almost two weeks now.  Next time, I'll have Daddy pick it up and FedEx overnight it to us.
To add further insult to injury - a few weeks ago our AmEx cards were deactivated. Chad called to find out why.  The reasoning?  The billing statements they'd sent to us had been RETURNED to them with "No Such Address" on them.  Hmmmm....we've been in this house for nearly three years now, so this doesn't make a bit of sense.  We are also missing a birthday card from Chad's grandmother that included a check.  It is possible that she didn't put the correct address on it, but it's obviously a problem.  (Just like the Christmas card & money from my parents that took over three weeks to arrive.)
The USPS is going to have one angry pregnant woman on their hands tomorrow, and it's highly possible that I may say something I regret.  One way or another, they will be held accountable for this .  I only wish I had followed up with with Mark & Theresa sooner.
Once again, thank you Daddy for doing my dirty work for me!  I love you! (Can't wait for you to come down for Charleigh's birth!!!)

Disclaimer: I never thought that the Sturdy's were at fault, or didn't send the medicine.  I'm just very thankful that they take such good care of us.  We are very blessed to have them in our lives.  So, the Crazy Coffman Clan sends lots of love to Mark, Theresa, Heather & Trevor (Daisy, Dodger & Bug too) from Houston Texas!

Comments

Popular Posts