Halfway!

I'm definitely slacking on the weekly updates, so I'm going to try my hardest to do better in the coming weeks.

It was a fairly uneventful week, with the exception of my episode on Monday.  Chad and I were leaving the house to fill our cars with gas before heading to work.  He was already on his way, and I was backing out of the garage when it happened.  I threw the car in park and called Chad, who quickly turned around to come to my rescue.  I opened the car door to get some fresh air and reclined my seat.  He had me leaning up against him at one point, and I truly thought that I was going to lose everything in my stomach.  (Not that there was much in there anyway). It is one of the scariest feelings ever - not knowing whether or not you're about to pass out, throw up, or both.  Once the episode passed and I knew I was going to be fine, we headed off to the gas station.  While I texted my coworkers and boss to inform them that I was running late, Chad pumped my gas and ran inside to get me some soda.  The sweet guy shows up with one hand behind his back, telling me he had a surprise for me - a Batman juice bottle.  All I could do was laugh, because I knew that everything would be okay.

I have had a horrible rash on my chest for over a week now, and since it just keeps getting worse I've decided that I probably need to go to the doctor to get it checked out,  guess that is on my agenda for tomorrow...

On Friday I went to lunch with my friend Lydia (Penny's angel) and her daughter Maggie at Cheddars.  It had been well over a month since our last lunch date, as they had been traveling for the holidays and had a Disney trip thrown in there as well.  (Yes, I'm jealous.  But I honestly cannot imagine doing Disney pregnant.  Mouse ears off to you, Lydia!!!). It was a good opportunity for us to catch up on our babies (we are due just a few days apart) and the hubby's job.  (Her husband works for the company Chad is going to next month.). Although the service was awful, my cheese fries were amazing and I can tell you that Baby C was happy!!!
After lunch I picked Cappy up from his bath, and he looked super handsome.  I cannot wait to see just how handsome he will be after Teresa cuts his hair next week!!!!  Cappy was stressed from being left in a strange place, so we went home, curled up in bed, and took a nap.  Eventually Chad called, telling me that he was actually in Sienna at Andy's place, and was headed to our Friday night spot.  I asked him to come and get me - all I had to do was put my pants on.  And that's when it hit me, the laughter throughout the truck...he had Joe & Paul in the truck.  Chad tried telling me he didn't have enough room for me, I told him I'd sit on a lap.  Joe said I could sit on his, sans pants.  Lordy....never a dull moment when those three are together..
The brothers were in rare form that night, having a gay old time.  There was a new bartender that night, and they definitely broke her in.  Paul and I placed bets on how long she will last and which parts of her obviously fabricated story were true.  Our buddy Dave couldn't believe that Chad lets them speak to me the way they do, but we have a different relationship.  They're our 'brothers' and we have a very strange relationship with them.  Yes, they're Chad's current bosses, but they're also some of our closest friends here, and in a jacked up sense we are like a really screwed up family.  You know what?! I can handle that.  We have fun.
The evening drew to a close when I (PDD) drove them all home.  It's a good thing we all live in the same neighborhood!  Joe did some major white boy dancing in the car and the rest of us just laughed. After we dropped Paul off, joe decided that we need to go to Vegas together...when I'm "unpregnant"  and without Paul.  The way it was said was quite funny.
We ate a quick dinner and then headed upstairs to watch a movie that I had zero desire to watch. We decided to have a slumber party upstairs, just for something different. I slept fairly well, didn't get nearly as hot without Chad in the bed.  I will say, though, that the pull out bed is the furthest thing from comfortable.  It's fine for me to lay in and watch movies with Chad (because I pretty much always fall asleep) but that's about it.

Saturday morning I noticed I'd received an email from Sprint saying that I could upgrade phones anytime now.  Chad and I went to find out what the deal was and decided to think on it for awhile.   We went to satisfy my cheese fry craving at Cheddars again, which made me a very happy pregnant lady.  Afterwards, we went to look at some cars for me.
No, I don't really need a new car.  My mom has been looking at new cars but would really love to have my car, so we decided to look into some options in the event that they decided they wanted to purchase my car.
I love my car, and honestly, the only car I was truly interested in was the 2014 Acura MDX.  Yes, just the new body style.  Chad wanted me to look at some other options, so I did.  Didn't like the BMW, just wasn't for me.  Infiniti - yuck!  Volvo - no thanks. I thought the Mercedes looked like a clown penis car. The Ford Expedition was just too big.  I finally agreed to drive the Lexus RX,  and I was a bit disappointed.  I mean, it rode well, but some of the features weren't executed well.  There wasn't much leg room, and the back up camera wasn't even as nice as what is in Chad's F150 - and it didn't have navigation.  So, we made the decision that if we end up getting a new vehicle I will, once again, be getting another Acura MDX.
We ended up back at Sprint to get our new phones, and are back to having matching phones - gold iPhone 5s.  Those are some pretty pimp ass phones, if I do say so myself.

Today was a quiet, productive day.  We picked up around the house and I packed for my trip to Illinois.  It's hard to believe that in less than a week I'll be freezing my butt off.  I'm looking forward to going home, but I will miss my nice weather here.

Now, for this week's pregnancy highlights ......

How far along: 20 weeks
Size of baby: a mango
Total weight gain/loss: last time I checked, I'm down 10 pounds.  But I have an appointment on Friday that will give us an updated total.
Maternity clothes: definitely wearing maternity pants, my shirts vary.
Gender: I'm certain it's a girl, Chad thinks it's a boy with a micropenis.  Will have the confirmation onFriday  at my Anatomy Scan
Movement:  she has her moments
Sleep: I'm exhausted and trying to figure out when that 2nd trimester burst of energy is going to hit me.
What I miss: Feeling like myself, being comfortable, sleep, not needing to pee every 15 minutes, and being able to cook and clean without gagging.
Cravings:  Burgers, pizza, chocolate, pickles
Symptoms: exhaustion, cravings, food aversions, occasional headaches, needing to pee all the time, and just general pelvic discomfort.


Comments

Popular Posts