Second Appointment

Yesterday was my second appointment with Dr Heaps.  I had another Ultrasound, where they told me that based on my Transfer that I was only 7 weeks, 2 days pregnant.  I tried correcting him, but gave up.  Thankfully, Dr Heaps realized that C was measuring much bigger, so I was able to tell him what we had been going by upstairs.  He pushed the due date up a day - June 10th, based on how C is always measuring big.
We discussed first trimester screenings as well.  On Monday I have to call to schedule genetic screening and can add on the Jack or Jill test as well.  He would prefer if this is completed before my next appointment on 11/22. Chad isn't sold on the gender determination yet.  I think it would be great to start calling C by its name and start preparing the nursery.  It would definitely make everything so much more real!
If there were any questions as to whether or not the correct sperm was used in fertilizing my eggs, let them be put to rest.  C has a massive head, just like its Daddy.  Heart rate was 167 bpm, just like it was on Monday.
On Monday morning I will return to HFI for my weekly visit, which will soon be coming to an end.  While I'm excited to be moving along and in the care of Dr Heaps, it will be sad to leave HFI.  When I started this process I wasn't expecting to become so attached to everybody, but I guess when you see them at the frequency that I do, it changes everything.  I am looking forward to graduating, though.
It will be difficult to go from having an Ultrasound weekly to monthly, or even less frequently.
It's just hard for me to believe that I'm almost to the 2nd trimester. Honestly, when we started this journey, I wasn't sure that I'd ever see this day.  Here I am, though - so totally in love with our miracle baby.  I cannot wait to finally meet you, C! Only 7 more months....


Comments

Popular Posts