2015

Time for The annual year in review.  Sit down & hold on to your hats!

January -
January was a pretty boring month for the most part, until we packed up and headed to Walt Disney World.  Although I was nervous about staying at The Wilderness Lodge, I fell In love and hope to visit there more frequently.

February -
The month started out with a horrendous case of strep throat for me.  We went back to HFI to discuss a frozen embryo transfer (FET) with Dr Williams.  We started getting the ball rolling and scheduled my procedure for the beginning of March.

March -
On Chad's birthday he got up bright and early to take me to the hospital for my hysteroscopy.  The procedure went well and a polyp was removed. We went to the rodeo for the first time, where we saw Zac Brown Band. (Awesome show)  After two weeks I started taking Estrogen to start priming my uterus for transfer. We also sold my beloved Acura to my mom and bought a Ford Expedition King Ranch for me.

April -
The lovely weekly appointments started, and we kept on the same path.  Once it was time for transfer, we transferred two embryos again, mainly our of caution. Four days later I got a positive pregnancy test at home, morning sickness hit me the next day.  Towards the end of the month I went for my Beta HCG draw and anxiously awIted the outcome.  When we finally found out I nearly fell out of my seat because it was so high.  I had to wait for a few days to get my ultrasound, but we knew my due date was Christmas Day.

May -
Started out the month with my first ultrasound at HFI.  Sure enough, there were two yolk sacs & fetal poles...twins!  (Guess it's a good thing we bought that Expedition) This started the craziness - house hunting, planning, etc. On the 21st we celebrated Charleigh's first birthday. As you can imagine, she was very spoiled. Towards the end of the month we decided we wanted to build a house and signed a contract to build.

June -
We had a tropical storm blow through (it was actually pretty disappointing), and had our appointment at the Design Center.  I started bleeding, and it turned out I had a SCH, which is fairly typical in twin pregnancies. We had our first appointment with the high-risk doctor and found out what they thought the genders were.  We started organizing the house and listed it for sale with our buddy, Joe, who is a realtor.  Towards the very end of the month we found out that Chads grandma was failing quickly, so we packed up the truck and headed to Illinois for awhile.  On our drive, I received a call from my Nana Jan who was being placed in hospice care the next day - when it rains, it pours.

July - 
On July 1st we became an Aunt & Uncle to Bennett (who we still haven't met).  On July 3rd, Teapot's birthday, she passed away.  It was definitely a blessing, regardless of how difficult it was. My Nana Jan passed away a few days after Teapot, but we werent able to stay for the services. We returned home to Texas to have our pre-construction meeting on the house.  The following Monday I got a scary phone call - my dad had a stroke and was in the hospital - talk about a rough month.

August - 
Chad went to The Greenbrier Resort with work and left me trying to deal with all the house stuff.  (Yuck). We were in "shit or get off the pot" state with the house, and we miraculously sold it the end of the month, just in the nick of time.

September -
We moved into our shitty apartment while we were waiting to close on our house.  I became sicker & sicker, and eventually ended up on light bed rest.  Chad had to go to Billings, Montana for work and returned quickly,

October -
We closed on the sale of our old home, which was bittersweet.  It was a huge relief, but sad nonetheless. I moved from biweekly appointments to weekly ob appointments to monitor the babies closer.  On the 13th, we became Aunts & Uncles again to Rowan & Isabella, Tim & Ashleigh's twin girls.  Baby A was very low in my pelvis, head down, but Baby B was breech.  I had one admission to the hospital for high blood pressure, but was released after an hour or so.  I spent the rest of the month laying very low and trying to keep the babies in.

November -
The month started off with my high-risk appointment where they told me they'd see me in December.  I had a gut feeling I wouldn't be returning to the office.  My ob and I decided to schedule my C section for Black Friday, which was fine by me.  My next appointment, on the 10th, we confirmed everything and it all looked good.  Later that evening, I was admitted to the hospital for fluids and was already dilated to a 2-3 and the nurse could touch her head.  At that point I was on strict bed rest.  Then, on Friday the 13th, I woke up contracting.  We got to the hospital where I was rushed to the unit, only to find out I was complete and the tight water bag was all that was holding them in.  I was rushed to the OR on a gurney and had an emergency c-section. (At shift change) Campbelle was born at 0706 with an apparently of 3 and was rushed to NICU.  Coleson arrived at 0708 with an apparently of 6 and was also taken To the NICU. I was in the hospital for five days, and the babies were in NICU for two weeks. While they were in NICU, we closed on our new house, moved in and bought new appliances.  They came home towards the end of the month.

December - 
Chad's been busy with work, and we had a quiet Christmas. We are almost completely moved to the new house and it's starting to feel like home.  Just yesterday, we had a couples massage and spent the night at a nice hotel to get away and relax.  It wAs enjoyable but we really missed our babies

While 2015 had some tough times, it was also very magical.  I can only hope and pray that 2016 will be half as good.  Who knows what this yeAr will bring...

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts