Pre-Settlement Walkthrough, with a surprise

Our presettlement walk-through was scheduled at 930 this morning,  and although I shouldn't have gone, I did.

Chad came and picked us up and we drove back to the house, ready to go.  First of all, the house looks absolutely amazing.  Everything came together perfectly.  We taped the issues we wanted addressed, made sure everything worked, learned how to use a few of these new-fangled things, etc.  

While we were going through the kitchen and living room, Charleigh and I were hanging out in the living room.  Chad was close to our bedroom looking at part of the security system when it happened...Charleigh took 5-6 steps on her own, completely unassisted.  She took her first steps in our new house!!!  Šince she hadn't taken them in the old house, I was hoping she'd do it in the new house.  It was magical.  Our builder, Mike, and our sales counselor, Juan Pablo, also witnessed this huge milestone. It took everything I had not to start bawling, though I may have gotten Teary-eyed.

We moved into the master bedroom suite, and while chad sat on the commode (to make sure it was plenty big), Juan Pablo checked out the size of the shower, and I let Charleigh check out my new bathtub.  We got some giggles out of it, until Charleigh took a tumble in the tub and bumped her noggin'.  Thankfully, she gets over things really quickly.

By the time we made it to Charleigh's bedroom and the laundry room, I noticed both of my hands were swollen.  I sat down in Charleigh's room and noticed my feet were also swollen.  Shit!  I did too much.   I was determined to finish out this walk-through, though.  While we were standing in the garage a white Nissan Juke pulled up and parked in front of our house, and a lady got out of the car...it was Liz!!!  (Liz, for those who don't know, was our sales counselor when we built our last home.  She is now Sales manager because she's so awesome.) We hadn't seen her in four long years, though we have kept in touch,  it was great to see her and chit-chat for awhile.  We are both hoping to see her again next week at closing.

We finished the garage, and headed upstairs, where Charleigh promptly yanked a doorstop off.  Typical.  Again, everything looked good for the most part - we marked the areas we wanted God ior to move in and went on our way.  Next up was exterior walk.  You can count me out.  I loaded Charleigh in the car and sat down with my feet up. I had a decent contraction, and noticed that I had indentations where my flip flops were.  All I could think of was 'not again'...

By the time we got home and I checked my blood pressure it was fine.  I laid down and started following my strict bedrest orders.  By this evening, it was too late.  The contractions are back.  I'm hoping I can get some sleep and get them under control so I can void another trip to L&D.  Only one more week until we are homeowners again!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts