3 Weeks Old

Yesterday Charleigh turned three weeks old.  It was also the day she was supposed to be born, as I was originally scheduled for induction on the 10th.  Instead of being at the hospital having a baby I was at home with my baby.  Just doesn't seem possible that she is nearly a month old.
Last week we had the pleasure of working with Auntie A (Alisa Murray), a local photographer for Charleigh's newborn pictures.  You can check out her work here www.alisamurray.com
The pictures were absolutely stunning and we cannot wait to go back for our three-month pictures.  It was truly one of the most enjoyable experiences, and she made it much less stressful than I had anticipated.  We are happy to be members of the Auntie A family and cannot wait to spend a lifetime (or as long as we live here) with her!  She's definitely not cheap, but definitely worth the money - afterall, pictures last forever!
The past week Charleigh has been super gassy and cranky so I took it upon myself to change her formula.  It's amazing what a huge difference such a little change can make.  Almost immediately the flatulence and some of the crankiness went away.  Unfortunately it also brought some lovely liqui-shits which inevitably caused a diaper rash.  We've been bare-butting it and using Desitin and Aquaphor to try to nip it in the bud before it gets much worse.  It absolutely breaks my heart to see my Sweet Pea in pain.
On the bright side, Charleigh is now sleeping for four hours at a time at night!  And, when she does wake up she gets changed, eats and goes right back to sleep.  (This happens about 85% of the time). Let's just say it makes for a very happy mommy that isn't nearly as exhausted or grumpy! :-)
We are slowly getting into a routine and I've learned how to multi-task.  Does everything go smoothly every time?  No, but we are making it work.  I still have a meltdown now and then, but am doing much better overall.
Cappy and the cats are doing well with her.  Cappy absolutely adores Charleigh and us very protective of her. William has accepted her and although I can tell he misses the cuddle time, he appears to understand that he's no longer my priority.  (Though I can assure you that he's still getting plenty of loves when she's sleeping.)
I seriously cannot believe that my baby is nearly one-month old now.   Time has just flown by and it doesn't seem possible.  

Charleigh likes:
Music
Eating
Cuddling
Daddy
Car rides
Shopping

Charleigh dislikes:
Being naked
Baths
Diaper changes
Not getting attention


Comments

Popular Posts