Week 26

How far along: 26 weeks
Size of baby: eggplant - 9 inches, 1.7 pounds
Total Weight gain/loss: I've gained 1 pound!!!!
Maternity Clothes:  Absolutely, and I'm growing quite fond of them
Gender: Girl
Movement: lots and lots of movement, particularly after I eat some sugar! :-)
Sleep: it comes and goes now.  I'll have some nights where I sleep really well, but I have other nights that I'm awake half the nigh tempting my bladder
What I miss: Solid sleep, being congested and unable to smell things 
Cravings: Arby's, BK. whoppers, soft serve ice cream
Symptoms: Restless nights, night sweats, fatigue, nausea, constipation
Highlight of the week: owning a glucometer.  Ha!


The week started out uneventful, until I received my lab results from my GTT.  Normal range is <=140, I scored a 140.  Whew!!! Safe, right?!  Wrong!!!  Upon further inspection and speaking with a few friends in the field, they generally use 130 as a cutoff. In other words...I failed. :-(. Not so happy camper here.  When I called the office and explained to them that the 3 hour GTT wasn't going to fly, the NP said she had been informed by my OB already.  And that, my friends, is how I became the owner of a glucometer.  Fun, eh?!  Until my next appointment I get to check my blood Sugar four times a day, first thing in the morning (fasting), and two hours after each meal.  The good news is that so far, I'm kicking ass because I've not had one questionable reading.  Hopefully it will stay that way and I won't be in need of this silly thing after the 14th.

Chad got home late Thursday night and we woke up early on Friday to start the projects.  We had to make a slight detour towards the doctors office for Chad's appointment, but then spent two hours at my least favorite store ever - Home Depot.  We got most everything set up in the garage and I got a little bit of a nap in Before we headed to the Friday Meeting at Center Court.  It was an enjoyable evening, and it's crazy to think that we've not been to a 'meeting' for over a month! We officially started Project Nursery on Saturday morning, and aren't even halfway done yet. We did, however, get the ceiling fan installed and have installed the beadboard on two walls.    Thankfully, the remaining walls are much smaller.  After that, we will move on to installing the chair rail, followed by painting said wainscoting, and finally painting the rest of the room. It'd be grand if we could complete it all next weekend, but it's looking highly unlikely as we have a few commitments on Saturday.

This week will be my first week with reduced hours, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.  Hopefully, I am better rested and not as stressed out.  I'm also hoping that this will help with my horrendous eating habits.  I guess only time will tell, but I do know I'm looking forward to those two shortened days.  With the hours that I'm currently working I'm ready to mail it in on Wednesday!  I just need to make sure that I'm not sleeping away those two afternoons, because it wouldn't benefit me in the long run.

Comments

Popular Posts