Super Bowl Funday

Another Super Bowl has come and gone, which means one thing to this baseball fan......it's almost baseball season!!!!!!  I didn't partake in any of the Super Bowl festivities this year, in fact, I didn't watch any of it.

Yesterday was MY day - my first baby shower, a day that I honestly never thought I'd see. My mom really wanted to throw the shower, but Chad  and I talked her out of it because we knew she wouldn't be up for it after surgery.  Thankfully, Chad's mom and her friends are always up for the challenge.

It was a beautiful shower, and Chad and I are both amazed by the generosity of our friends and family.  The weather was frightful, but many people trekked out in the snow and ice to make our day very special.  There were a few people who were unable to make it due to weather, but we were shocked by how many people made it.  There was even a very unexpected guest - Aunt Gwyn.  It was great to see everybody - I only wish there was more time in the day to have spent with all of you.  Y'all truly know how to make a girl feel special. :-). And, can I just tell you that Chad felt pretty special too?!

I know he wasn't overly excited about it, but like a trooper he stuck it out and added a lot of entertainment to the party. I left him at his parents house with the loot to enjoy the Super Bowl with his family, while I came back home and ran some errands with my family.  I know I was exhausted because I fell asleep not long after eating dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts