One

At 0706 and 0708 tomorrow my sweet babies will turn one.  It seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant with them and Chad was rushing me to the hospital, both of us completely unaware that I was moments away from their birth.

We've come a long way in one year.  Campbelle, unbeknownst to me, was very sick at birth.  Coleson was the stronger one, but appears to be the weaker one now.  I still truly believe that it was Coleson who wanted out so badly, and Campbelle would have been completely happy staying inside of me forever.

Just yesterday, Campbelle took her first (assisted) steps - a day prior to Charleigh's first steps.  How strange is that?!  I cried tonight putting them to bed, because tomorrow they will no longer be babies, they will be toddlers.  

My childbearing years are over, and it tears me up inside.  What I would give to have just ONE MORE baby.  I miss that squishy, newborn phase more than I can even explain.  (Although I definitely don't miss the lack of sleep.)

Campbelle - You have grown so much, my sweet girl.  You are very much a Mommy's girl, and I know that you're going to be my girly-girl.  Just knowing how sick you were breaks my heart, but I'm so amazed at how far you've come. I knew that you were going to be the first to walk, and you proved me right.  You don't smile often, but when you do, holy cow!  That smile lights up the room. Although you're technically the middle child, you will ALWAYS be my little baby.  I love you to the moon & back and I hope that you remain my stage 5 clinger. <3

Coleson - You, chunky monkey, are a bit of a bully.  You have that fire inside of you, and are definitely your Daddy's mini-me.  You're super cool and love attention, but you're the whiniest of the three.  You have more personality than anybody I know, and I'm afraid you're going to be a bit of a panty-dropper. You're always in a hurry, nothing is ever fast enough to meet your demands.  And, it still amazes me that although you were the healthiest one at birth, you've been the weakest - guess that man cold theory is going to hold very true to form.  I love you to the moon and back, lil' man. <3

Happy birthday, Campbelle Rose & Coleson Richard!

Comments

Popular Posts