H-word

Hysterectomy!

I'd planned on writing this a very long time ago.  In fact, the date that I started this was July 17th.  We see how well I've followed through with things...

The hysterectomy was definitely a scary thing.  It was a really good thing I had it done, too.  My OB said that everything he'd removed in January had grown back - and then some.  The MRI I'd had done just a month prior to surgery didn't show the involvement of my bladder. 

Endometriosis had ravaged my body.  My doctor had to go in and do a Cystoscopy (bladder scope) to make sure that looked okay because of how it was scarred up.  

Sounds like I was quite the riot in the OR with my potty mouth.  Yikes.  From the mouth of Ron Swanson, "If it's good enough for a sailor, it's good enough for me."  

I was rather surprised that they discharged me so soon afterwards, and they probably shouldn't have.  I ended up in extreme pain as I couldn't urinate afterwards, and had to call the answering service about it.  Thankfully Dr Heaps returned the call, and he sent me to the ER where they emptied me and then sent me home with a catheter. The next morning I went to his office and had the catheter removed.  

The support I received from all of my friends was nothing short of amazing.  So many people offered to help with meals or take the kiddos for me.  A dear friend of mine drove over an hour to come visit and give me a break.  And, completely unnecessary but very appreciated, I received numerous thoughtful gifts that I cherish so much.

For those of you that called me, sent texts and let me know you were thinking of me - THANK YOU.  You all have made this transition much easier on me. 

Comments

Popular Posts