The Plan

I am definitely a planner.  I like things to go according to plan, and freak out when they don't,  I may, at times be a bit anal retentive.  Honestly, I'm okay with that.  Unfortunately, I need to remember that not everything always goes according to plan.
My OB's office called with the official game plan.  (We hope it's the final plan, too). Both doctor's were in agreement that everything looked great today.  We are going to keep my appointments on Wednesday and hope that I don't go into labor on my own.  (Ha! Ha!  We all know this kid has a mind of her own, so Lord only knows what's going to happen). On Wednesday we will schedule the official induction date, probably around the 20th, much like we'd previously discussed.
Whew!  We now have time to exchange dressers, get the guest room ready, buy the stroller, and clean the house.  Talk about a sigh of relief.  Mom was able to book her flight, saving her (I hope) some money.  She will be coming in a few days prior to induction so that we can actually relax and have a bit of fun.  Daddy, on the other hand, will be flying in on the 28th.  He doesn't handle hospitals well, so it's probably for the best.   When I got their flight itineraries I got all teary eyed.  I cannot believe this is really happening!!!
Hopefully, things don't change between now and Wednesday.  And, hopefully, come Wednesday they don't change their mind and induce me earlier.  At this point it is what it is.  Looks like it is time for us to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride....

Comments

Popular Posts