The Seven Dwarfs

I've decided that Chad must feel like he's living with the seven dwarfs - pregnancy has me acting like Happy, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy & Bashful.  I also think that fertility clinics should require you to sign a disclaimer stating that you are well aware that in the event that pregnancy occurs you will, more than likely, question your sanity.
What do I mean by that?  Well, you spend tens of thousands of dollars to feel like poop.  For some reason, I was certain that I'd be the happy pregnant woman who would feel wonderful during pregnancy.  No morning sickness, no exhaustion, etc.  Obviously, I was wrong.  Chad laughs about this revelation, as he says that he knew that I would be the most miserable pregnant woman from the get go.  Have I ever mentioned that I hate when he's right?!
Don't get me wrong - I'm so very thankful for this opportunity.  However, I wish I didn't feel so icky all the time.  I'm worried that I'm not eating enough since nothing sounds good to me.  I'm terrified that I'm going to be a horrible mother.  And, I'm afraid that I'm going to mess something up.  Oh well...
On Friday we had our first appointment with Dr Heaps and we were so happy to be back.  He's going to see me every other week, and told me to call with any questions or concerns we may have.  We were all laughing when he came in the room during my ultrasound, and at one point I'm thinking he may have gotten a bit choked up.  There's no question that we chose a good fit for us.  We are comfortable with him, and love how easy he is to talk to.  We attempted to bribe him, but he told us that Big Bird would have an eviction notice as to ensure his presence at its delivery.  We are quite relieved by this, as after everything we have been through, we really want continuity of care and no surprises. That and my doctor in Illinois has me spoiled.
After that appointment, Chad headed off to work while I went upstairs to HFI for my lab work.  Since we had an Ultrasound with Dr Heaps, we didn't think I'd have one there.  I was wrong, however, and had another Ultrasound.  I really wish that Chad had stayed as I was able to see the heart beating and hear the heartbeat.  I definitely got teary-eyed, and Chad was disappointed when I told him.
We had a very quiet weekend, and went to Babies'r'Us for a look-see.  Yikes!  Big Bird is going to be very spoiled.  I also feel like I should clarify, as some people have been confused by me calling Big Bird "Baby C."  There is only one baby.  Yes, our last name starts with a C, but Big Bird's real name, be it a boy or a girl, starts with C.  The initials will be either CCC (for a boy) or CJC (for a girl).  That , my friends, is the only hint y'all will be getting until we know the gender and announce the name.
Until week seven........

Comments

Popular Posts