Changes in latitude, changes in attitude

I woke up in morning in a pretty good mood, all things considered.  I had a lot of time to think over everything that is going on, and decided that I'm going to keep on truckin.  Yup, I'm going to finish the six Clomid cycles I've been approved.  I'm not a quitter, and not quitting may save us a lot of money in the long run.  It certainly wont hurt anything, and knowing that what I'm feeling is normal makes it even better. I'm sure I can do this.  I'm going to keep my consult with the RE anyway, just in case.
I kinda feel like an elephant today, but I know that's normal and will eventually pass.i just have to make the most of it, which requires lots of sleep and Tylenol.  Something good may come of it, ya know.
I was very annoyed this morning, as I received an EOB From BCBS - apparently I have a large bill of $696 for an ultrasound (that I didn't need and explained to them that I didn't need) and seeing the doctor, who just confused the issue.  I received notes from her and they were all very contradictory. So contradictory, in fact, that Dr Heaps was fairly confused by them. The worst part, in my opinion, is that I received a similar bill in April 2011, and I continued having problems.  These problems were so severe that they required surgery - a hysteroscopy and d&c which led to a perforated uterus that almost required an overnight hospital stay. Not on my list of things I wanted to do. Right now Chad and I are trying to figure out how to handle this situation. It particularly irritates me that I didn't get what I asked for - an exam and an ultrasound if need be.  I'm pretty certain I know what needs to be done, seeing as this isn't my first rodeo.  It's very irritating, as you can imagine. I just need to figure out exactly what we're going to do about this and move forward.  
I've decided this situation is one of the very reasons that I love living down here.  My doctors are very conservative with their billing/coding.  We have access to some phenomenal physicians who admit that they have limitations, and are conservative in treatment - only performing costly tests when absolutely necessary.  For that very reason, I'd like to thank Dr. Heaps and Dr. Vanderzyl for being so very awesome. :-)
I have a lot that I'd like to accomplish with what very little of the weekend remains -finishing laundry, picking up around the house, fueling and washing my car, and maybe playing some video games before watching the Cardinals game. 
I know my ramblings have been pretty negative lately, but I am very thankful for everything that I have:
~I have a beautiful house, and even when I think it's filthy it still doesn't look like it belongs in an episode of Hoarders.  (Oh, and we found out yesterday that we have HELLA equity in this house, as the property value has increased!) 
~I have a car that I absolutely love. 
~The most amazing kitty in the world, who loves me more than anything.  
~A pretty amazing puppy dog that will protect me to the very end.  
~A husband that provides for me and takes care of me, even when I nag at him.
~Amazing co-workers who encourage me.
~Fabulous friends who let me vent and love me despite all of my flaws.
~A great family that is always there for me, even though they live a thousand miles away.

Comments

Popular Posts