Busy, busy

I don't know where the last two weeks went - they seriously just flew by.  I've been pretty busy with work, and at times completely overwhelmed.
Firs of all, my ring finally arrived, and it looks absolutely amazing.  :-)   I spent a week working at the Timmons office, and was completely overwhelmed my first day - I cried the entire drive home and didn't want to go back the next day.  Thankfully it got better, after the second day I felt like I could handle anything that was thrown my way.  I suppose that there is always a silver lining, right?!
We finally bought new furniture for the house - got a new couch and two chairs for the living room, and two couches for the media room.  We also bought decorations for the house, and it's starting to feel more like home.  The new furniture will be here this week, and I cannot wait! :-)
That's pretty much the most exciting part of this blog.  Right now, I'm kind of sad - my dog Elijah (in Illinois) hasn't been feeling well, unable to keep food down. I guess Daddy took him to the vet this morning, and Mom said that they were all in tears because they didn't anticipate bringing him back home.  Dr. Mark thinks it's just a stomach bug that's going around and gave him medicine.  I really hope that he starts feeling better soon.  I already feel like I abandoned him, and now he's sick and I'm not there for him.  I know he's getting old, 10 years is pretty old for a black lab - but I cannot imagine him not being there when I go home.  I should be the one who who makes the difficult decisions and I'm the one who should take him when the time comes.  I feel like I've let him down, because I'm his "Momma".  I just hope that he knows how much I love him, because not being there with him at the end will be one of the most difficult things for me.  I remember how hard it was when I had to put Stinkie down, but at least I was there with her 'til the end.  It's a good feeling, even though it rips your heart out. 
I've started to meet people in the neighborhood, which is helping out a lot.  I am finally starting to feel like I have friends and that Texas is home.  (Just without my family.)
There have been some changes at work, and we've been shorthanded so I've been helping out when I can by working extra hours.  I stayed at work about 30 minutes after we closed yesterday to get some stuff done so it didn't pile up anymore.  We're due for an audit, and I'm wanting to get the office in tip-top shape.  I'm also hoping that since a full-time position will be open in Pearland, that I get that offer.  I absolutely love working there - Carlos, Tracey and I make a great team.  It's a great feeling - takes me back to how I felt working at PEC.  Keep your fingers crossed that this works out, because it's really only a 20 minute drive from our house!

Comments

Popular Posts