What up, yo?!

My name is Diana, and I'm a football widow. 

Dead serious.  I can't do much with my husband on Sunday's because he's far too interested in football.  That being said, I cannot WAIT to get in our new house so that I can send him upstairs to watch the game so that I can have a place to watch television myself.  There is nothing worse than being stuck in an apartment with hardly any space because I am practically forced into watching the crap.  Sigh.

Ran by the house yesterday and today and there are only a few things left to compete.  It's strange knowing that we won't see the house for almost two weeks, so the next time we see it it should be complete.  We are definitely excited about coming home to a finished house, though. 

For the most part, the poop mess has been cleaned though there are still a few spots on the floor and it has a strange odor.  We took Cappy to the house this morning and he really enjoyed himself - he also made himself right at home.  :-)  Carpet should be installed this week and we have our final walk-through scheduled for November 2nd.  The tentative closing date is set for November 16th, so we're planning on spending the majority of Thanksgiving weekend moving into the house.  There are so many things to do and purchase for the new house, and we're both very excited about it.
We both thought it was strange that we are still missing a few tiles...

Poop - Ick!

His first encounter at his new house

Making himself at home in the backyard



The few items that remain to be completed in the house are as follows:
1. Carpet installation (should be layed this week)
2. Shower enclosure in master bath
3. A few tiles need to be placed on the backsplash in the kitchen.
4. Appliance installation
5. Shuttters
6. Landscaping (which will be the last item done, due to the dry weather.)

This Thursday evening we will be leaving for Disney, and I'm already getting anxious about the flight.  Since we will be arriving late we will be staying at a Marriott before checking into The Beach Club on Friday morning.  I'm sure we will be feeling very fat when we come home.  I look forward to taking a lot of pictures, eating a lot of food and drinking wine this coming weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts