Just another day

I've been really good at keeping a positive attitude recently, but I must vent....Inconsiderate people are really starting to irritate me.  Perhaps I'm too considerate - is that even possible?!

I had a great day at the hospital on Monday and have been given the opportunity to do some work in a Cardiovascular Clinic and Cath Lab with a world-renowned CV Surgeon.  I'm very excited about this opportunity, especially considering this may lead to something that is a paid position.  It is truly and honor to be thought of and recommended for something of this capacity.  :-)  I really feel like everything that I'm doing at the hospital is going to lead to something great, and am so grateful to have been given this opportunity.  I've been allowed a great deal of responsibility and autonomy, which just reaffirms that I'm doing a good job.

I've also had the opportunity to work on some new floors - Neuro, Neuro ICU, Stroke, and ENT/Opthalmology/Neuro surgery.  I enjoy Neuro, but not as much as I enjoy Oncology and Cardiac.  I have definitely found that I like areas that are considered "Critical Care", which is something that surprises me - I've always thought that Cardio would be boring, Oncology was overwhelming, and Neuro was too complex.  I was definitely wrong, because I'm so much more comfortable in these areas.  I'm hoping to visit the other floors of the hospital as well, but Methodist is so large that it may take awhile!

Today I was paid a few compliments that really made me feel good about myself -
1.) That my hair looked lustrous.  Really?  My hair?!  Sweet!
2.) That I am the "Champagne" of Volunteers - I'm just hoping I'm not the cheap champagne that they served at my wedding! :-)

Chad finally got a response from Chris (our builder) regarding the chipped granite.  He is working on correcting this issue, though we're not sure how.  At least the issue has been acknowledged and will be dealt with.  I think Chad locked the interest rate for our mortgage too, but I'm not sure on that one.  I do know that he got a phone call yesterday from the Security people regarding meeting with us to install and set up our security system.  We were unaware that we got a security system with the house, as we were told at the Design Center that it cost extra to have the keypad installed...we didn't ask for it, but are glad that we do have that option.  They said something to Chad about being notified that we would be closing THIS MONTH!  AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  We still haven't heard from Chris, Liz or Ryland regarding this, as far as we know, we're still scheduled for November 18th.  I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

We have had the most amazing weather this week.  I wore jeans on Saturday and was chilly on Sunday morning so I wore a hoodie.  It's possible I may be becoming a Texan afterall!  We've had the windows open since Saturday evening and the fresh air has really helped me get a good nights sleep.  I think the high temperature yesterday was right around 80*. I can definitely get used to this.  (The heat is another story.)

I took Cappy with me when I drove by the house yesterday and he absolutely loved it.  He sat with his nose up in the air (the sunroof was open) with a huge grin on his face.  We even made a stop by McDonald's for lunch and he did so well.  He is quite the character and makes everybody smile.  I have a hard time imagining him as a "homeless" dog since he's adjusted so well to living inside.  Last night there was a strange noise coming from outside, and he sat up very alert and growled.  He is pretty good guard dog for a 13 pounder.  (And, I'm glad he's not one of those 13 pounders that bark all the time!)

I've been anxiously awaiting this coming Saturday, as my parents would be here.  However, Daddy seems to have caught whatever it is that Mom has had for the past month and is absolutely miserable.  (He's miserable and making other people miserable in the process.  There's nothing worse than a sick man!)  Mom had been feeling better, but started coughing a lot again.  So, it doesn't look like they are coming after all.  I'm disappointed - I was so excited about them coming and spending time with them.  Mom said she'd let me know for sure tomorrow, but it's not looking promising.  :-(  I know they are hoping to reschedule the trip, and it will be nice because we should be in the house by then.  I'm sure Daddy will be much more comfortable in our home rather than in this damned apartment. 

That is pretty much the extent of everything going on right now.  We're looking forward to our Disney trip in a few weeks, getting the house completed and moving in.

Comments

Popular Posts