Living Comfortably in LuLaRoe by Catrina Fisher

I've long been a fan of LuLaRoe, and wish I'd have known of them during my pregnancies. The clothing is fun and funky, and ridiculously comfortable. So incredibly comfortable, in fact, that it practically feels like you're wearing nothing at all.  (Let's be honest...is there a better feeling than NO PANTS?!). 

I had been a member of Catrina's LLR group for quite awhile, and while doing my morning perusing commented on a post regarding what my plans were for the weekend. Not thinking anything of it, I commented that I was going to a Writing Retreat for Atlanta Moms Blog, and I was so excited about it. Catrina sent me a message, asking questions, as blogging was something she was interested in and had thought about writing a piece about LLR, but wasn't really sure where to start.  This is where the collaboration began - we brainstormed together to try to figure out the best way to write about LLR, and I suggested something about stepping outside your comfort zone and feeling amazing in the skin you're given. Sounds great, right?!  This, my friends, is where it gets even better...

Catrina hand picked some clothing for me, things I may not have picked out myself, and I gave it all a test run. In exchange, she got me writing a blog about it all. So, here's what I think is important to know about different LLR pieces - 

1. Leggings - Did you know that LLR now offers leggings in SIX different sizes?!  The leggings, as I'm sure you've heard, are buttery soft.  I love them because they're fun and they pretty much feel like you aren't wearing pants.  (For those of you that don't know, I have a pretty strict NO PANTS policy after 9pm) The sizes are broken down as follows:
     Small/Medium - Kids sizes that fits from 2 up until 7/8.  My girls (3 & 2) are both pretty small, and I   Feel good knowing I'm buying them pants that will fit for years to come. Strangely enough, my son (2) loves wearing them as well.  We've been struggling with keeping pants on lately, and I couldn't believe it when he put them on and wouldn't take them off.  As you can imagine, he's living in LLR leggings these days.
     Medium/Large - Kids sizes from 7/8 to 12/14.  My kids are far too young for these sizes.
     Tween - Fits up to women's size 2.  I'll never see the day I fit into those again in my lifetime.
     One Size (OS) - Women's 0/2 to 12/14.  I can wear these if I really want to, but it wouldn't be a good sight.  Even once I lose all of this "baby/hysterectomy weight" I'll probably stick with TC just because of my height.
     Tall & Curvy (TC) - From Women's 14/16 to 18/20.  While these are a more forgiving for those of us with extra junk in our trunk 🙋🏼, they're also better fitting for those of us who are taller than average. Like I said above, if I lose weight like I did eight years ago (size 2/4), I will likely stay with the TC sizing because I'm not really a short girl.
     Tall & Curvy 2 (TC2) - the newest LLR leggings sizing, TC2 fits from 18 to 24.

2. Irma - The Irma is the ultimate tunic-y top and goes perfectly with the leggings.  Trust me when I say you won't run into any camel toe with these!  Irma runs 1-2 sizes smaller than usual, so I can wear a Medium or Large, depending on the look I'm trying to achieve.  My mother prefers the 3X so that she has plenty of room to be comfortable throughout the day.

3. Classic Tee - The Classic, unlike Irma, runs pretty true to size.  I wear a L or XL, and pair it with jeans or leggings.  The beauty of the classic is that it is truly a CLASSIC piece that will never go out of style. :) 

4. Sarah - The Sarah is a duster-length cardigan that, again, runs fairly true to size.  The Sarah can be combined with leggings, skirts or dresses to pull of multiple looks.  I feel it important to mention that I'm not much of a layer-er (is that even a word?!), and I was concerned that the Sarah would cut me at the wrong place.  Surprisingly, I quickly fell in love with Sarah. It's perfect for those fall/winter days where it's not too cold, but you still need that extra layer.  And, the length isn't nearly as off-putting as I thought it would be.

5. Cassie - Cassie is an adorable pencil cut skirt that I never, in a thousand years, would have purchased for myself.  I just don't have an excuse to dress up, but holy cow!  The Cassie almost se makes me wish I had a reason to dress up on a regular basis.  It's super flattering and comfortable, all while looking incredibly professional.  You can easily make this a daily workwear staple, if you dress up frequently.  Again, Cassie runs pretty true to size.  I was sent a beautiful red Cassie, perfect for the Holiday season. Can I just say that I'm in love?!?!?

6. GiGi - The GiGi is one of the newest LLR pieces, and I'm thinking it's one of the most confusing.  It's more of a fitted t-shirt than the Classic, and Irma.  In my opinion, it's almost a hybrid of the two.  Sadly, sizing seems to be all over the place, likely due to the inconsistency of the materials used.  I have an XL and XXL GiGi, and the XL GiGi fits better than the XXL.  My XXL, although beautiful, is skin tight; showing every single flabby piece of my torso. The XL is tight in some places (arms) and loose in others.  Jury is still out on this one...

7. Lindsey - The Lindsey is a shorter cardigan-like layering piece that can really dress up an outfit. They have various materials so the look is completely up to you! :)

8. Lynnae - Lynnae is a 3/4 sleeve fitted top that pairs phenomenally with leggings and the Sarah.  These fit true to size, to a bit smaller than usual.  I'm so glad they finally came out with a dressier longer-sleeve top. 

9. Randy - Randy is the classic baseball like shirt, and has quite the following.  While some of them are more casual, some can very easily be dressed up.  I would suggest sizing up one in these tops, mainly for comfort.  The Randy I was sent is incredibly soft, it almost feels like a well worn in boyfriend top that you steal and never give back. If you're not really the leggings type, are more laid back, but are interested in LLR, I strongly recommend this as a first piece.

10. Carly - When I first saw the Carly, I'll admit, I was very afraid. In my opinion, it looked like a mu-mu or garbage bag. Once I finally tried it on, however, I fell in love.  This is the PERFECT dress for hot summer days, and is easily layerable. (Is this even a word?!) It can also be dressed up quite easily, and has become my go to piece for most situations.  I cannot tell you how many parties and pictures I've worn this dress to, it's seriously that amazing.  I recommend sizing down two, maybe even THREE sizes!  And, let's be honest here --- who doesn't love wearing a much smaller size than usual?!?!

11. Amelia - Amelia is the dressiest of the LLR dresses. Fitted on the top, and A-line on the bottom.  And, have I mentioned that Amelia has POCKETS???  There's truly nothing better than a dress with pockets - that means I don't need to carry a purse, since it has big enough pockets for my cell phone and lipstick.  What more could a girl want?! I've seen a lot of posts lately about wearing the Amelia backwards for a different look, and apparently it has a cult-like following in the breast-feeding world.  All you need to do is unzip that dress some, and let the baby have at it, all while preserving your modesty! ***Side note that LLR is owned by a Mormon family, so pieces are fairly conservative in general.***

12. Mae - Mae is a cute girls dress that starts at size 2.  It's somewhat fitted at the top, has waistline ruching, and has pockets in the twirly bottom.  Both of my daughters adore the Mae and love dancing in it - watching the bottom of the dress float around them.  My oldest calls it her Pocket Princess Dress, and it really is!  It can be dressed up or down, but my toddlers/preschooler certainly love the pockets and the comfort of it.

So, there ya have it!  These are the pieces with my honest to goodness reviews, that are completely unbiased.  I did receive the pieces as compensation for this post, but again, these are my true feelings on the subject matter.

If you are looking for a wonderful LLR consultant, I highly recommend Catrina.  You can find her boutique by searching Facebook for LuLaRoe Catrina Fisher.  I promise you won't be disappointed! :)

**I will attempt to get pictures of some of the amazingly beautiful pieces she sent me.  I'm not very good at the selfie stuff, so I'll try to get pictures of them hanging or laid out.  Perhaps I can even sweet talk my husband into taking a few!***

Comments

Popular Posts