THANKSgiving 2014

After three lonely years of just us on Thanksgiving, there was one more...

And, in addition to that one more there were FOUR more at our table.  Chad's parents, sister (B) and brother-in-law drove down to spend the holiday with us.  After all those years of a low-key Thanksgiving it was strange having a big Thanksgiving, but it was nice.

Chad smoked two turkeys (approximately 10 pounds) and I baked one.  Needless to say, we have leftover turkey up to our eyelids!  In typical Thanksgiving fashion, I made mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing and green beans.  Almost everything went as planned...

While I showered, my mother in law peeled the potatoes for me.  When I returned the sink wasn't draining.  Eek!!!  Chad had to take the plumbing apart and the potato peelings completely clogged the drain.  Oops!  Everything was going swimmingly until Chad decided to run some water through it (he had a bucket under the plumbing to catch the mess.). Next thing I know, I hear a splatter and a shriek.  Everything living in the plumbing was all over the floor and on Chad's mom.  Talk about disgusting!  The good news was that it didn't smell.  I'm just glad this didn't happen last year, because I certainly couldn't have handled it while pregnant!

With the exception of that minor disaster, everything went swimmingly.  The food was delicious and Cappy didn't bite anybody! (Hip hip, HOORAY!). Charleigh slept most of the day away (probably exhausted from a week full of excitement), and the adults kept busy.

Since I didn't do a "Thankful Thursday" weekly post this year, I'm going to do it all at once.  So, without further adieu....

1. Our beautiful Charleigh June.
2. A husband who works his ass off to provide for the family.
3. Family
4. Friends
5. Friends who've become family.  (Someday Charleigh's going to ask why she has a black & Hispanic uncle)
6. Chad's new job.
7. A beautiful home.
8. Three amazing kitties.
9. A Cappy dog.
10.  Thirteen years with the amazing Elijah.
11. Our seven frozen embryos.
12. Health.
13. Food. (Particularly pizza)
14. The luxury of staying home with Charleigh.
15. First world problems.
16. An education.
17. A husband who loves Disney almost as much as I do
18.  Life lessons
19. Vacation
20. Being able to spend the holidays with family for the first time in three years
21. Home phones,  someday they may not exist!
22. Shopping
23. Modern medicine
24. The Instagram girls
25. Newspapers
26. Books
27. Disney Junior

Comments

Popular Posts