Update

Well, ladies and gents, there isn't a baby inside of my uterus...
I woke up Friday morning to unexpected bleeding, and immediately called the doctor. I ran in for blood tests before our 3-month check with Dr V. Connie promised to call me as soon as she had the results, gave me a bear hug, and sent me on my way.
My cell phone rang around noon with confirmation. My Beta HCG was <1. In other words, the iui didnt work. Chad and I were hysterical. We went to Center Court, as the only place we wanted to be was with our friends. Honestly, it was a good choice. Don, Nate, and Lisa were there. They helped us laugh and put the worries behind us.
It was a rough afternoon, after our trip to Center Court, Chad and I passed out for awhile before heading back there to order dinner. Jake immediately came and gave us a hug, as did Michael. This is how I know that we are beyond blessed.
Things didnt work out in our favor, but we have so many people pulling for us. We are evey lucky people. These people haven't been in our lives very long, but they've made quite the impact.
We spent the majority of the weekend pouting and being lazy, which we probably needed. Don't get me wrong, we are both pretty upset about this. (Perhaps him more than me). But we will make it through.
Today we had a follow-up "what went wrong" appointment with Dr Williams. I was very negative going into this appointment, but Dr Williams definitely made us feel better. Apparently I responded very well to my injections. Chad had phenomenal numbers, despite his prior crappy results. There's really no reason why it shouldn't have worked.
Of course, I blame myself - because I had some alcoholic drinks and took a Valium last Thursday night. Dr Williams told me not to blame myself, because there are so many idiots who drink to excess while they are pregnant. Had we not done iui, we probably wouldn't have suspected that I was pregnant. He said, more than likely, it just didnt implant.
The good news, however, is that he said that he was comfortable doing IUI one more time, particularly since I responded so well. Now chad and I have a big decision to make - to try IUI one more time or go directly to IVF, which costs three times as much. I think we just need to sit down and examine our options. It's not like we have to decide right now! Lord knows we have an awful lot on our plate right now. (Right now, only people who need to know do. Eventually, it will come to a point where I can publicly announce our stressors!)
I've spoken with my parents regarding their thoughts on our next steps. Chad will probably discuss this with his family as well. I'm hoping to discuss this withy Uncle Stu and Dr Heaps to see what path they would take.
Last Saturday was Chad's 31st birthday, and it was honestly a pretty crappy one. We watched Wreck it Ralph in bed, which was very cute! Other than that, we passed out early like old people do.
As i mentioned, I was in a pretty foul mood heading into our appointment, but felt much better afterwards. After our appointment we went to Center Court to celebrate the 4th anniversary of our first date. :-). It's hard to believe that we have been together for four years. (And we haven't killed each other yet!).
For the record, I cannot imagine my life without Chad. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. yes, there are days that I cannot stand him, but I do love him more than anything. Chad is my rock, and I wouldn't be who I am today without him. There's nobody that I'd rather spend my life with. I cannot wait for what the future holds. Hopefully the near future holds an adorable, precious baby (or two)! Whatever happens, though, we will make it through as we are much better together!

Comments

Popular Posts