Road Trip!

On December 10th, we (my mom, Charleigh & I) packed up my car and hit the road.  We had a very important stop before Illinoinois, however...
A 36 hour pit stop in Bentonville, Arkansas to visit my Uncle Stu!
Our drive to Bentonville was uneventful, and we made it in about 9 hours.  We checked into our hotel where we had a two bedroom suite with a pullout, so that Uncle Stu could stay with us.  He picked up dinner for us at Gussardo's and we enjoyed an amazing deep dish pizza for dinner.  We visited for awhile before heading to bed.
The next morning was our family day.  Unfortunately, Chad called me that morning and was home sick.  We were all certain that he had the flu, but gave him instructions and told us to call us in the morning.  We ran some errands with Stuart and met his daughters at JJ's for lunch.  It was wonderful to see everybody, especially since it'd been forever! After lunch I headed to my cousin Ashleigh's salon and she cut my hair since it was in dire need of assistance.  Stuart also took us to his new office and gave us a tour and we finally got to meet his partner, Dr James Baker, who we have been hearing about for years.  It was nice to finally put a face to the name.  We went to dinner at Fish City Grille, followed by creole cheesecakes at Copeland's for dessert. The cheesecakes were ah-maze-ing.  We visited some more and headed to bed, as we had another 6 hours in the car and Stu was on hospice call the next day.
We got everything packed up on Saturday morning, and I spoke to Chad before we left the hotel.  Poor guy definitely had the flu - luckily I was in the right place at the right time, Stuart called in tamiflu for Chad.  We went to breakfast at The Village Inn, said our goodbyes, and hit the road.
We had another uneventful drive (just how I like them) and arrived at my parents house around 4pm.  We unpacked the car (hooray), ate dinner, and went to bed.  
It was a quiet trip this time, partly because of the chilly weather and the number of illnesses going around.  Here is a rundown of some of the things we did:
- lunch at La Fiesta
- visited Grandma June twice
- Charleigh met Aunt Gwyn
- visited PEC
- Cappy got a dental cleaning, which resulted in 12 teeth pulled!
- Willie had a visit to RVC for a cold
- Charleigh visited Dr Bowers for a cold, which ended up not being a cold...just teething
- Play date with Ashley & Henry, we are sad we missed George though!
- Christmas Eve at the Coffman's
- Visited Nana Jan
- Dinner at Coz's with the Richard's

It was a great trip, and I'm already missing family.  I will say, however, I don't miss that cold weather.

Comments

Popular Posts