Her Father's Daughter

On Friday morning I had an appointment with our new MFM, Dr P.  Pretty nice dude, definitely preferable to the last two I saw.  We will definitely be sticking with him.  While the facility itself wasn't as fancy as TCH, it was still a nice place. They are currently inside MHSL, but will be just down the hall from my OB at my next appointment.
The US tech was awesome, too.   She did her stuff, but spent a lot of time playing around in 3D mode, which was fun.  She even tried to record Charleigh making fish faces for us! :-). We got some amazing pictures from the appointment, and there us zero doubt that this child looks like Chad.  (I'm just hoping she doesn't get his hairline!). She made one face in particular that I've seen Chad make plenty of times before, which was quite freaky.
Dr P came in and told us that she's weighing in around 2.5 pounds and is measuring in the 30th percentile.  He's pleased with her growth, but still wants to monitor her some more to ensure she doesn't fall too far behind.  Both her head and abdomen were measuring on the small side, and he said she's generally measuring about 4 weeks behind. He also encouraged us not to worry. :-). From here on out, I will be seeing him and my OB alternating weeks until I start going weekly to the OB.  (Or unless there are any problems that arise.). Our goal is to keep her in there for another 7-8 weeks.
While we were waitin for our appointment with Dr P, my OB walked through the lobby and came over to talk to us.  He's such a great guy.  It's a nice feeling when your doctor knows your name outside of the office and will actually have a conversation with you.  We are very lucky to have found him.
We  still have a lot to do here to prepare for her arrival, but I'm finally feeling like everything is starting to come together.  We still have a bunch of things that we need to get, but we will be okay.  Hopefully, we have time and she keeps cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts