Baby, it's HOT outside!!!

Another weekend bites the dust. Even though it was a five-day weekend for me, I don't feel like I accomplished much of anything. I'm not overly excited about returning to work tomorrow either. (Sorry Carlos & Tracey)
I have been utterly exhausted and don't feel like I'm getting nearly enough sleep. I'm also started to feel congested, which I really dislike. I am still feeling crampy and am waking up in the middle of the night sopping wet. I'm hoping this is a good sign.
Although both Chad and I had registered for Walk of Hope we didn't actually participate. The main reason is because I still am not feeling one-hundred percent after the procedures, but I'm also trying to follow doctors orders and lay-low. We did, however, make it to the pool for awhile yesterday.
Today we ran some errands, including a much-needed trip to Houston Garden Center to get some landscaping stuff. We bought a beautiful orange Honeysuckle tree for the far corner of our yard, and also got a few plants for out patio. Let me just say that today was a scorcher and I didn't last very long. I have no idea how Chad did it. Unfortunately the backyard still looks like a jungle since he didn't get that cut. Me thinks it will be ugly next week.
Tonight I started taking my Progesterone suppositories. Yuck! It is the worst thing ever. Should we get good news in 10 days I will be super excited, but not very excited about the 10 weeks of suppositories. I wonder if I could sweet talk Dr Williams into letting me switch to the oral Progesterone that Dr Heaps had me on. The worst he can say is no, right?!

In other news, Chad has been 'promoted' to Construction Manager in his very own community, Lakes of Golf Crest. He had been a trainee in three subdivisions (Sedona Lakes, Lakes of Savannah, and Southern Trails), working closely under supervision. Now he has his own community and no more weekends!!!! :-)
Apparently this is their second highest grossing community. Riverstone, which is closest to our home, is the highest. (The homes they build in Riverstone start in the mid-$400's, so I'm quite happy Chad doesn't have that just yet.). My hope is that by the time Golf Crest is completed, they will be building in Sienna and he will be placed in our community. The homes he's building start in the $250's. as you can imagine, I'm quite proud of him. Particularly since he's only been doing this for one month! :-). Atta boy, Chad!
Cappy gave me a good laugh this morning when he flat out refused to go see Chad in the living room (I was in the office) because he was sitting in my lap. He's so silly! Also funny was when I went into the living room where Chad had picked up Willie and was trying to convince him that he was a 'Daddy's Boy.' Cappy came and sat with me on the chair and Willie left Chad to sit with me too. What can I say?! I'm an animal magnet! :-)
This evening I talked to my brother for probably the first time in a month. Have I mentioned that I miss him? It feels strange to say it, but he's really one of my best friends. I would absolutely love it if he would come to visit sometime. And, a Congrats to him for placing 3rd in his division at the Friendly Chevrolet CIC Corvette Show! (Yes, I'm a proud big sister)
Speaking of proud, next month I will be the proud aunt of a sweet lil' yellow lab named Abbey. Congrats Brenna & Chris, we cannot wait to meet her!!!! :-)
Here are some pictures from the weekend:























Comments

Popular Posts