11 Down

How far along? 11 weeks today!
Total weight gain/loss: accourding to our scale here at the house, I'm still down 11 pounds
Maternity clothes: Definitely, I definitely won't wear non-maternity clothing the rest of the pregnancy
Have you told family and friends? Yep
Have you started to show yet? I think so, Joe even commented today that I'm looking pregnant.
Sleep:  sleeping pills are a godsend
Best moment this week: Had our first appointment at MFM today!
Miss Anything? food...
Movement: I'm probably just hyper-aware, especially with Charleigh being so young still.  The US tech said it's possible that I'm feeling them already.
Food cravings: Chipotle and ice cream
Anything making you queasy or sick? Everything makes me queasy these days.  I'm still only eating a few bites of food before gagging.  I attempted to try a bite of chicken, because it looked yummy.  No Bueno.
Gender prediction: I still feel like there's one of each.
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: food aversions, nausea, heightened sense of smell, gagging, lightheadedness, exhaustion, generally grumpy, and new this week - my first Charlie horse.  (I didn't get those until 3rd trimester last pregnancy)
Major purchases this week? We didn't purchase anything, but did go to the design center to start picking out options for the new house!
Looking forward to: Genders - hopefully we will find out on the 15th.


On Monday I had my usual and customary appointment at HFI, and was surprised to find out that Dr Williams is releasing me a week early this time around!  (He's probably doing that because he has vacation planned or something!). He likes to see his patients on graduation day, so my appointment Monday will be in the afternoon which allows us to sleep in!  Hooray!
It was a pretty boring week, in general, especially since I have been overly nauseated.  Charleigh wanted nothing to do with naps the beginning of the week, but since this mommy needed a nap she had mandatory quiet time.  Yesterday she took two naps, which was great since I felt horrendous.  It appears as though she is cutting at least two teeth, which explains her not-so-pretty demeanor the past week.
I'm finally getting some rest at night, thanks to Dr Heaps.  I'm still itching, but it's not as severe as before, and my skin appears to be healing up.  He's treating me with oral steroids, to attack whatever is causing this from the inside and help reduce inflammation.  In addition, he's also prescribed sleeping pills since the itching worsens at night and prevents me from sleeping.  It's nice being able to sleep again, but now I'm having issues getting comfortable - that Snoogle will be coming out of retirement soon!
I had my first Charlie horse this pregnancy, and I haven't missed those.  I woke Chad up because I was moaning the f-bomb quite loudly. 😂
Today I had my first appointment at MFM (the high risk clinic) this pregnancy.  It was a strange feeling being back there.  One of the tech's and the head receptionist remembered me, and everybody loved seeing Charleigh. It felt like just yesterday that I was in those rooms, anxiously waiting to hear if I was being sent to the hospital or if Charleigh was staying put for a few more days.  
I had a different tech today, an older lady, and she was super sweet.  I really enjoyed her.  While my main physician there is Dr Gei (who is awesome!), I saw Dr Ward today and I actually liked her!  (I was not impressed with any of the female MFM's I've seen in the past.). The babies looked great -  four legs, four arms, two hearts, and two brains.  They are the "good kind of twins," meaning they're Di-Di.  They each have their own amniotic sac and placenta.  So, for those wondering, they are definitely fraternal. (Di-Di means Diamniotic-Dichorionic, by the way). As usual, Baby A was partying while Baby B was snoozing.  {my gut tells me baby A is the boy, and baby B is the girl.}. 
They measured the babies to see if they were big enough to do the first trimester screening, but they weren't.  I did, however, appreciate them attempting so that I didn't have to come back.  My next appointment there will be on the 15th for the First Trimester screening, and I may have one or two short appointments before my big Anatomy Scan at 20 weeks.  We are hoping they will be able to tell genders on the 15th, though we know that it isn't 100% accurate at that time.
This weekend, we are working on getting the house ready to list.  It's bittersweet, but it must be done. The thought of taking all the family pictures down is breaking my heart, particularly all of Charleigh's baby pictures.  I know it must be done, but I don't like it.  We have to clean out all of our closets, which stresses me out as well.  (That was a pretty dumb comment, most everything stresses me out these days!). It's going to be a busy weekend, but if we get a lot accomplished, it will be well worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts