Firsts

Obviously, the last five weeks has been full of firsts for us - 
Our first outing as a family of three,
Our first day alone with Charleigh, etc...

Those are the obvious ones, but there have been a few other firsts that I will never forget:

Chad changing Charleigh's diaper and hollering for me to help because she was peeing on his hands.  I, of course, come in and laugh. And then it happened...Charleigh projectile pooped on Chad's shirt.  I fell to the floor laughing hysterically.  I may have tinkled myself, too.  Oh well...I just had a baby so I have an excuse, right?!

Charleigh peeing all over Auntie A during her photo shoot. And then, a week later, peeing all over Auntie A's couch.

Charleigh's second bath in the kitchen sink.  It really was going well, and it was much easier on me because it didn't hurt my back which I loved.  I was getting the veggie sprayer ready to rinse out her hair when I heard a strange bubbling.  You guessed it, Charleigh pooped in my kitchen sink.  I immediately reached in to let the water out, hollered for Chad and handed Charleigh off.  I rinsed her Blooming Bath off and cleaned the sink before I put Charleigh back in to finish her bath.  As I'm getting ready to start rinsing her off she, once again, poops in the sink.  Seriously kiddo!  Can't you get all your pooping done at once?!

We also had our first sleepless night.  It's not something I care to do anytime soon, to say the least.  The next day was absolutely brutal.

And, the final first...
Lunchtime on Monday.  Charleigh finished her bottle and was snoozing in my arms while I was on the phone with Chad.  Before I knew it Charleigh, without any warning, projectile spit up all over me. I immediately flipped her over to prevent choking and to let her puke in the tile floor. The spit up ended up down my shorts, in my sandals and all over the leather chair.  I'm just thankful that I was sitting on the chair instead of the microfiber couch!  On the other line Chad was laughing.  I guess it's funny when it's not you covered in Nutramigen vomit!

Comments

Popular Posts